Gluing Up of Top and Back of 'Ukulele
NOTE: The Top (sound board) and Back of the 'ukulele are made from gluing two matching pieces to make one piece.
1. Jointer edges of Top and Back pieces to make a straight edge for gluing together.
2. Hold the two pieces at a 45 degree angle and tape together.
3. Turn over, glue together, and tape to hold the two together.
4. Let dry until the next class.
5. Have instructor sand Top and Back pieces to proper thickness.
Home Page | A Brief History | 'Ukulele Assembly Sequence | Constructing the 'Ukulele Neck | Shaping of the Neck and Tail Blocks | Layout and Bending of 'Ukulele Sides and Lining | Gluing Up of Top and Back of 'Ukulele | Sanding and Shaping of Sound Board and Back | Installing Neck onto 'Ukulele Body | Glue in Top Lining and Top Braces | Gluing on Sound Board of the 'Ukulele | Gluing in of Bottom Lining and Back Bracing | Gluing on Back of 'Ukulele | Finishing Surface | Making of Fret Board and Bridge | Drilling of Holes for Tuning Keys | Final Finishing | Links | Photo Gallery
Sam Nihipali & Daniel Yuen
Valley Boys-Stone in Love With You