| || |
Gluing on Sound Board of the 'Ukulele
1. Leaving 'ukulele in mold, line up the center line of neck with the center line of the tail block.
2. Find center line of sound board (glue joint).
3. Apply glue to top edge of body including lining and blocks.
4. Centering sound board on body, sandwich and clamp mold between two pieces of plywood. Make sure center line of sound board lines up with center line of neck tail joint.
5. Allow to dry overnight.
6. Remove 'ukulele from mold.
7. Use router to cut off excess veneer from the sound board of the 'ukulele.
8. Glue in bridge brace or fan bracing.
Home Page | A Brief History | 'Ukulele Assembly Sequence | Constructing the 'Ukulele Neck | Shaping of the Neck and Tail Blocks | Layout and Bending of 'Ukulele Sides and Lining | Gluing Up of Top and Back of 'Ukulele | Sanding and Shaping of Sound Board and Back | Installing Neck onto 'Ukulele Body | Glue in Top Lining and Top Braces | Gluing on Sound Board of the 'Ukulele | Gluing in of Bottom Lining and Back Bracing | Gluing on Back of 'Ukulele | Finishing Surface | Making of Fret Board and Bridge | Drilling of Holes for Tuning Keys | Final Finishing | Links | Photo Gallery
Sam Nihipali & Daniel Yuen
Pure Heart-Bring Me Your Cup